Hospital pharmacies are a vital part of the healthcare process, the pharmacy is available 24/7 to cater to the needs of patients. All medications and other pharmaceutical requirements of both patients and physicians are met.
Our Services and Specialties
Providing a holistic environment for quick recovery.
- Works round the clock 24 hours / 365 days. Contact No. 044 - 24747668.
- Work is according to national and international standards. (Joint commission international/national accreditation board for hospitals).
- Pharmacy and therapeutic committee monitors approved any addition or deletion of drugs into the pharmacy (a group of doctors, pharmacist and nurse).
- New molecules introduced in the hospital are monitored for 3 months before adding it to the formulary.
- Safety and efficiency of the drugs are maintained with proper storage.
- Cold storage is maintained with 24 hours power backup.
- Double checking of each and every drug before dispensing.
- Highly concentrated electrolytes are not stored in the ward, rather diluted in pharmacy and sent.
- High alert medication, look like and sound-alike drugs are dispensed with colour coded stickers.
- Appropriateness of every prescription is checked by the prescription audit team.
- Dilution of tablets is done, which is not commercially available in lower strength.
- All emergency and essential drugs are stored inward level itself.
- Drugs that have expired or are nearing expiry will be removed from the shelf before 3 months.
- All in-patient medication needs are met at the bed-side by using an online prescription.
- Dispensing is done only by a qualified and registered pharmacist.
- Any unused medications can be returned back to the pharmacy without any deduction.